Posted By: Nicole Smith Date: 09/16/2016 at 8:26 pm
In poker, to call is to match the current bet.
« Back to Glossary Index
- 100 Years of Bingo HistoryTake a step back in time to the roaring 1920's in America, when the stock market crashed, steadfast businesses struggled and entrepreneurs needed a big idea to stand any chance of success. Edwin S. Lowe fit into both of these categories; a recently established toy manufacturer from New York looking for a fresh concept to bring his business to life.
- California Casinos Urge For Online Gambling RegulationIn theory, using gambling to solve a lack of funds is never the right move. In fact, anyone who has only half the money they need to pay their bills, and takes that half to gamble in an effort to win the other half, is what we call a ‘problem gambler’. But casinos in California are proposing that gambling would be the perfect solution to the state’s budget crisis.
- Ladbrokes Online Bingo Awards £210,000 JackpotWinning several hundred at an online bingo room will incite a lot of people to call you lucky. So what is the appropriate term for a player who wins £210,000; fortunate, blessed, providential? Whatever term you think applies best, aim it at the Ladbrokes Bingo player going by the nickname of 'bevs_the_boss'.
- Magic Holdem Poker Odds Calculator for Online PokerExperienced poker players are well aware of the importance of calculating the odds, knowing your outs and being able to make a value bet at any given time. For novice online poker players, however, it is a concept that can take some time to use effectively.
- PokerStars Launches Private Online Home GamesMany of us used to gather round the kitchen table and play poker with our best buds, but lives can become hectic. We get married, we have children, time seems to slip away and those delightful, good natured home games become a thing of the past. But not anymore…