Posted By: Nicole Smith Date: 09/16/2016 at 8:26 pm
A variety of card games with shared betting rules and hand rankings, played against other players rather than against the House.
« Back to Glossary Index
- How to Play Joker Poker Video PokerJoker Poker is a spin-off of the classic Jacks or Better video poker game, found at most land-based and online casinos. Instead of using a standard 52-card deck, there are 53 cards, including "" you guessed it "" one joker. The joker is a wild card and can be used in place of any other card that would make the best possible winning hand.
- SkillBet is a Legal Online Poker AlternativeA quick search of the world wide web reveals a multitude of online poker sites that accept US players. However, just because these dominantly off-shore operators are willing to take deposits from Americans does not make them 100% legal.
- Legal Online Poker Site for US Players by FaceUp GamingOnline poker sites have been around for more than 15 years now. The laws in the United States have flipped and flopped so many times that most poker playing Americans are uncertain as to what's legal and what's not.
- PokerStars Hires Lee Jones as Head of Poker CommunicationsPokerStars has hired Lee Jones to serve as the correspondent for all of PokerStars' social interactions. He will be the spokesperson for the online poker room, on both and internal and external stratum.
- How to Play Tens or Better Video PokerTens or Better is one of the less common forms of video poker. Casinos don't often provide this game for the simple fact that it gives players even better odds of producing a winning hand than the more traditional Jacks or Better video poker game. However, in typical casino operator fashion, the payout ratios are reduced in Tens or Better Video Poker to offset the slight incline in winning hands.