Home page – Why is it important in online gaming
Home page – if you’re new to online gaming, it’s not unusual to feel overwhelmed when choosing your very first online casino. Not only are there hundreds if not thousands to choose from. It can be difficult to know which criteria to judge an online casino by in the first place. What do you need to look out for, and what do you need to know? It’s here that an online casino website’s home page becomes so crucially important. With just one glance giving you all the information you need.
Home page is good and all but the player needs more.
1. Welcome bonus. It’s the first thing you’ll see when you visit an online casino website. And with good reason. A welcome bonus is by far the biggest incentive a casino has in order to encourage you to sign up and play. That doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with casino bonuses. They’re usually hugely generous, and can start you off on your gaming journey with a very decent bankroll as well. However there are a few things you’ll need to look at before claiming your bonus. Such as:
What kind of bonus is it? Is it a no-deposit bonus that gives you free money simply for signing up? Or playing X amount of spins? Or do you need to make a deposit in order to claim it first? Neither one of these bonuses is inherently ‘better’ than the other. You just want to make sure that you know what you’re getting into before you hit the claim button.
What kind of wagering requirements are involved? All casinos will attach terms and conditions and wagering requirements to their bonuses. That’s to avoid players claiming their bonuses and then cashing out their free money immediately. To prevent this behaviour, online casinos will often require you to play certain games with your bonus money. And to wager your bonus money X amount of times before requesting a withdrawal. As such, before you claim your bonus it’s vital that you understand what these requirements are. As going against the terms and conditions could result in your bonus being voided. In addition to the home page, this is very important.
Reputable casinos will offer you a generous bonus. And will be upfront and transparent about the type of bonus it is and any requirements attached. If you feel good about the bonus you’re claiming, chances are you’re at a good casino that’ll take care of you.
Home page is where you’ll find licensing
2. Licensing. Playing at a licensed casino is vitally important. It means that the casino you’re with is legal, regulated, and has created a safe, stable, responsible platform on which you can play with complete peace of mind. More importantly, it also ensures that you have legal recourse. Should you ever need to question your casino’s practices.
All licensed casinos will display their certification prominently on their website home page. Make sure to check for this. Either as a logo, a link, or a line of text. Most online casinos will be regulated by professional online gambling licensing jurisdictions such as Malta, Gibraltar, Curacao, Kahnawake or the Isle of Man. And these jurisdictions are most often the ones that issue licenses allowing casinos to operate in multiple markets. Giving them a far broader player base. What that means for you is a casino that’s focused on delivering country-specific gaming, promotions and content, rather than relying on a one-size-fits-all approach. So if you see your casino’s licensing information displayed proudly, you’ll know you’ve come to the right place.
We want ethical and fair
3. Fairness. In addition to a number of other guidelines and practices that casinos need to follow, licensed casinos are also responsible for ensuring that their game play is completely random. And completely fair. In order to guarantee ongoing compliance with game fairness, all reputable online casinos will submit to regular auditing by third party companies such as eCOGRA or TST. It’s this certification that you’ll be able to find on a casino’s website home page.
If you can locate the auditing certification (which should be very easy to find), what it means is that the casino regularly submits to checks on its Random Number Generator (RNG), its payout percentages, its gaming software, and its ongoing compliance with trusted security standards. What it also means is that it’s a casino that does business the right way. And has your best interests and your player experience at heart.
Not to get too techy on you, but software is important
4. Software. If you’re new to online casino gaming, then the particular gaming software your casino uses may not seem that important to you. However it’s every bit as vital as licensing and legality. Why? Because if your casino partners with one or more reputable online gaming software providers such as Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, RTG, Betsoft and many more, it means not only an entertaining gaming experience for you, but a world-class one as well.
Not only do leading software providers push themselves to innovate and create new and exciting games, they also offer outstanding quality. Guaranteeing superior gambling every time you log on. Leading software providers will also ensure that their games are optimized for mobile play. You can take your gambling with you wherever you go. Check your online casino’s home page to see which operator they partner with. And if it’s a top one, you’ll know that the ultimate online gambling experience awaits.
Make sure your personal data is secure
Similarly, it’s also important to know how your casino secures your information, your money and your game play. Reputable casinos will be extremely forthcoming about their security measures. They want to make sure you feel safe enough to play with them.
Standard procedures include:
Firewalls, anti-virus software and intrusion prevention
State-of-the-art encryption technology such as 128-bit SSL encryption
Regular internal and external auditing
Make sure you know exactly what lengths your casino will go to in order to protect you online. If you’re not satisfied with the measures that they have in place, then move on.
6. Games. Not all online casinos will advertise their games selection directly on their home page. Some might have a tab in the navigation linking to a separate page with more information. Either way, the more they can tell you about their gaming selection upfront, the better idea you’ll have of the gaming experience you can expect.
Honesty will be displayed on the home page
Most online casinos will have a wide variety of slots. A range of progressive jackpots, and a selection of popular table games including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Poker and more. You may even find novelty games like Keno, Sic Bo, Pai Gow Poker and similar. Adding more variety and more winning opportunities. Before you sign up with an online casino, it’s best to have a look at the games selection on offer, to decide if it’s right for you.
If you’re a slots fan, for example, you won’t want to play at a casino that’s heavily focused on Poker and table games. The reverse is true as well. Alternatively if you’re someone who enjoys playing all different types of games, a casino with a good variety across all categories would be better for you than a casino with only a small selection. And if the casino you’re interested in offers basic game guidelines and strategy that you can learn from, even better. There’s no wrong answer here. There’s only the matter of finding the casino that offers the type of games you enjoy. Just browse the games selection first, and make your decision from there.
Decisions, decisions, decisions
7. Promotions. While you’re looking for a games section or tab on the home page, look out for a promotions section as well. Welcome bonuses are fantastic when you’re a new player, but once you become a regular player, that’s when you start building a relationship with your casino. One that you need to be rewarded for. That’s why it’s important to find a casino that values your loyalty. Which is where promotions come in.
First let’s start with bonuses. Because they shouldn’t stop at the welcome bonus you qualify for when you sign up. In fact, once you start playing regularly, you should qualify for a whole lot more. Everything from reload bonuses to refer-a-friend bonuses, payment mechanism bonuses, birthday bonuses and more. Have a look at what’s advertised on your casino’s promotions page. Then keep an eye on your inbox. You’ll usually be notified of available bonuses via email.
Don’t forget to check your email regularly
While you’re looking for bonus info, look out for actual promotions too. Most online casinos will offer regular monthly promotions to boost engagement. Which means huge prize-winning potential. Whether it’s a games promotion, a tournament or similar, casinos love incentivizing regular players with big ticket items like cars and holidays. As well as cash prizes too. Take a look and see if your casino is one of them. Once you’ve signed up, it could be a hugely rewarding experience for you.
8. Banking. Gambling online isn’t just about how many games a casino offers. It’s about how they look after your money too. Most casinos will advertise their affiliated banking options on their home page. It’s vital you find out if there’s a mechanism that’s most convenient for you. Typically casinos will offer a range of debit and credit card options. As well as e-wallets, crypto, pay-as-you-go, electronic transfers and more, some only for deposits, some only for withdrawals, and some for both.
Look for major international payment options
If your casino offers major international payment mechanisms for your casino banking, then it’s likely a trustworthy establishment. Plus not only will you have your casino’s security measures safeguarding your money. You’ll have the protocols from your chosen banking option protecting you as well. Make sure your casino has a range of payment mechanisms you can trust first. Then sign up with them and look forward to quick, easy, stress-free banking.
9. Responsible Gambling. While the primary goal of gambling is to have fun. It’s also about being responsible with your game play and your money as well. That’s why it’s important to find a casino that takes responsible gambling seriously. And that has resources in place to help you. Should you ever find your gambling becoming a problem.
Aside from recommending sites such as https://www.responsiblegambling.org/ and http://www.gamcare.org.uk, your casino should also allow you to place self-imposed limits on your deposits. On either a daily, weekly or monthly basis, as well as offering the option of self-exclusion. Should your gambling behaviour ever concern you. Look out for the Responsible Gambling logo on your casino website’s home page. And make sure they take your mental health just as seriously as you do.
Last but not least,
10. Support. Finally, the last important element to look out for on a casino’s home page is support. Do they look after you and have open lines of communication via email, phone, text or live chat. Or is it difficult to find their contact details and get hold of them? Obviously you’re looking for the former. A casino that’s warm, welcoming and open, and that takes your queries and concerns seriously.
Most online casinos will have their support desk information readily available on their home page so that it’s easy to find. And many will have an automated live chat box that pops up immediately, should you have any questions. These are the casinos you want to play at. Those that treat you like the valued player you are. And want to support you throughout your gaming journey. Find those casinos to play at. Ensure they tick the rest of the home page boxes, and you’ll be winning every time you log on.