New Year’s Resolutions
New Year’s Resolutions. It’s 2023 and we don’t know about you. But we’re definitely looking at ways to make the year ahead a positive one. The less said about 2022, the better. So let’s make some New Year’s resolutions and look forward to manifesting good, constructive change!
Unfortunately the stats aren’t encouraging though. Apparently 43% of people give up on their goals by February. With 23% doing so in the first week of January! According to research, it’s because they either lose motivation. Make their goals too big to achieve. Or give up at the first obstacle. And we totally understand. Making changes is hard. Particularly when bad habits are so ingrained.
This year will be different…
That’s why this year we’re going to look at change in a slightly different way. And we’re going to apply some of the most common New Year’s resolutions to our gambling behaviour. There’s definitely the motivation to succeed there. And that’s what’s going to be our driving force in 2023. We don’t want to be in that 43%. We want to be on the winning side. Because perhaps that same winning mindset could help change our fortunes not just in life, but in the casino too!
New Year’s gambling resolutions for 2023
1. Lose weight. It’s by far the most popular New Year’s resolution there is. And in fact a full 48% of people choose some kind of health-related goal when making their resolutions. Of course, you can’t lose weight while gambling online (wouldn’t that be amazing?!). But what about if you were to lose the weight of your decisions and outcomes instead?
Think about it – how many times have you made a decision while gambling that hasn’t worked out for you? Probably plenty of times right. Because you’re human and you can’t predict the future. Or what about when out of the blue, you find yourself on a losing streak that you just can’t seem to break? It’s normal, it happens to everyone. But there’s always the tendency for us to beat ourselves up about it. Which is ridiculous. Because gambling is all about luck. So outcomes are completely out of our hands.
Luck is important
It might not sound like that bad a habit. But if you’re someone who keeps replaying these scenarios over and over in your mind, it could leave you feeling stressed, depressed and overwhelmed. And that’s exactly the wrong kind of energy to be bringing into the casino with you. Negative thoughts breed negative outcomes. And that’s just the opposite of what we know you want to achieve.
So how about in 2023, you lose the burden of negativity you’re so used to carrying. And move forward with a lighter, more positive attitude? Learn from your mistakes, absolutely. But don’t keep reliving them to your detriment. Be free, be happy, and play with good cheer. Who knows what that kind of optimism could soon manifest?
Organization is key.
2. Organize your life. Decluttering, organizing and making space in your home and in your life is always a great goal. And it’s one that many people set for their New Year’s resolution. There’s just something about getting your life on track that leaves you feeling in control and on top of things.
This year, why not apply that same can-do attitude to your gambling? Rather than logging into your online casino and simply playing whatever you like, whenever you like. Approach it with a plan in mind instead. We’re not suggesting you plan everything down to the absolute last second (way to kill the vibe stone dead). But going into your gambling with a plan could help you make the most out of your online casino experience every time you log on.
So what should you be planning?
Firstly how long you’re going to be gambling for, and how much you can afford to spend. Have a think about the games you’d like to play. Think about tracking your wins and your losses too, just to help keep your bankroll in the black. Of course we want you to have fun, and there’s always something to be said for spontaneity too. Having at least a framework of a plan in place will help you stick to your budget, minimize your losses. And give you the most bang for your buck. That’s organisztion done right!
Always be learning
3. Learn a new skill. It’s a great idea and the new year is always a good time to try it. Whether you’ve been wanting to learn a different language, a craft, a sport or something else. Give it a go and you could end up loving it. And finding new and exciting ways to spend your time.
But what about if you want to try something new and you don’t have any ideas yet? Then this could be the perfect time to learn a new game at the casino! Playing the same games over and over again could leave you feeling like you’re stuck in a bit of a rut. And could even take the fun out of online gaming after a while too. So why not breathe new life into your game play and try something new this year? If nothing else, it’ll challenge you to learn and think in different ways. And who knows – you could even get a win or two out of it at the same time.
Blackjack and Poker are great skills games, Roulette, Baccarat and Craps are thrilling games of chance, and slots are endlessly entertaining. Just find a game that looks interesting and add it to your repertoire. Who knows – trying something new might see you enjoying new wins as a result! Great New Year’s resolution.
Always save your money
4. Save more money. Times are tough right now, so saving money has become more crucial than ever. If you’re not able to contribute any money towards your online gambling right now, that’s absolutely fine. Use your money to take care of your other responsibilities. And enjoy gaming when you can afford to do so. But if you can make online gambling work with your budget. Now’s the time to save while you play and make every cent count.
The best way to save money at the casino? By budgeting for it. You already contribute a certain amount to financial responsibilities like rent or a mortgage, food, utilities and so on. So now apply that same thinking to online gambling. And set aside a certain amount for it every month, the same way you do all your other expenses. It’s also important to go in with the mindset that by the end of the month, that gambling allowance will be gone. Don’t try and bank on any potential winnings coming in. Instead assume that the money will be spent, and if any winnings do come your way, they’ll be an awesome bonus.
New Year’s resolutions below
Once you’ve set aside your monthly online gambling spend, you’ll then need to manage it so that it lasts the entire month. The sooner you spend it all, the more you’ll be tempted to dip into other financial resources and start playing with more than you can afford.
To avoid falling into this trap, set yourself a certain amount that you’re comfortable playing with either on a session-by-session basis, a weekly basis or similar. Keep track of your spending, your wins and your losses so that you always know where every cent is going. And be disciplined enough to log off from the casino as soon as you’ve reached the personal limits you’ve set yourself.
It takes time and dedication to cultivate these healthy spending habits. But you’ll soon find that the rewards are more than worth it. You’ll always be in control of your finances and your bankroll. You won’t overspend. And if you’re lucky, you might win a little something to treat yourself with too. That’s our kind of responsible gambling!
Traveling is good for the soul
5. Travel more. If you’ve got the travel bug, we’re sure you have some amazing destinations on your bucket list. And if you can afford to go, then bon voyage! Unless you’re able to travel to places like Las Vegas or Macau though. It’s difficult to travel and gamble at the same time… or is it?
If you’re someone who loves visiting new locations, why not travel to a new online casino and experience all the excitement that it has to offer? You’ll be able to open a new account, claim a new welcome bonus, play a new suite of games and take part in new promotions. Plus you’ll also have new tournaments to join. And a new loyalty programme to enjoy too.
Every online casino has its own theme and concept. And a change is as good as a holiday (so they say). So if you can’t afford to put your tray table back and your seat in the upright position, then why not explore a new online casino instead. And take in new sights, new sounds, and hopefully new jackpots too. Destination – winning!
Kick the habit
6. Kick the habit. We all have those habits that we wish we could finally put a stop to. Whether it’s drinking too much, smoking, or putting things off till the last minute. There’s always something that’s standing in the way of our progress and holding us back. So this year, why don’t we work on turning our negative habits into positive ones. With a few little adjustments here and there? A good New Year’s resolution if you ask me.
Take drinking for example. If you’ve gotten into the habit of having a few drinks while you gamble, we completely understand. Gambling is fun, so having a drink at the same time should make it even more fun, right? Wrong. Unfortunately drinking alcohol doesn’t mix with gambling. Instead it clouds your judgement. Making you more likely to make poor decisions and take expensive risks. We’re not telling you to quit drinking entirely (unless you feel you should). But if you’re having trouble getting the most out of your gambling while you’re drinking, why not put the drinks on ice till after you’re finished? That way you’ll be able to make the best decisions possible. And then celebrate when your gaming session’s done!
Need an incentive to quit smoking?
Why not take the money you would spend on cigarettes and put it towards your gaming budget instead? Your bankroll will be healthier, and so will your body! And if you find yourself prolonging your gambling sessions as a way of procrastinating. Why not break tasks up into small 30-minute chunks. And then allow yourself a 5-minute break to play your favourite games afterwards? You’ll get more done in real life, and you’ll stretch your budget too. It’s all in the name of turning negative habits into positive ones!
7. Live your best life. It’s a very popular saying right now, but what does ‘live your best life’ actually mean to you? Does it mean prioritizing happiness, spending more time with family and friends, finding a new job, or something else entirely? Whatever the concept of living your best life means to you, there’s no time like the present to start. Life is short. As the pandemic has reminded us all. So the sooner you can start living a life that fulfils you, the better.
Find your happiness.
In fact, if you make no other goals or plans this year, make living your best life your number one aim. We know that we’re usually all about online gambling. But realistically too much of anything is bad, no matter how responsibly you’re enjoying it. That’s why we’re encouraging you to make an effort to identify the things that make your soul sing. And start doing them as often as possible. Gambling is amazing fun, but it’s also only one pastime out of many.
So this year, why not get away from the screen at regular intervals, get out and enjoy your life. If nothing else, it’ll make you a better gambler. As you need to take routine breaks to clear your head and boost your mental health. You won’t just enjoy life to the full. You’ll be a more well-rounded, interesting person. And you’ll be healthier inside and out. Here’s to living free in 2023!