How to change your casino play for the better
The world is all about self-help these days – how to improve your life, change your future, heal your inner self. Do a quick Google search and you’ll find pages of results listing books, TV shows, and videos, all dedicated to helping you become the best you that you can be. And there’s nothing wrong with that – it’s a positive goal, and one that can help you find your true purpose in life, and feel happy and fulfilled.
But what if we were to take some of those self-help points and apply them to your casino play. Would you be able to transform into the best casino player you could be? It’s worth finding out!
1. Identify your main goal. What’s your primary aim when you log into your online casino? Is it to win a huge multi-million jackpot and live a life of luxury? Is it to win a little every time you play, enough to keep your bankroll in the black? Is it to escape from your everyday life and have a little fun? Or is it to learn more and improve your gaming skills? Whatever your number one goal is, write it down. This will help keep it top of mind for you, and help inform your player behaviour when you’re at the casino.
For example, if you’re looking for that seven-figure payday, it’s a good idea to stick to the high volatility progressives, because that’s where you’ll find those life-changing jackpots. If you want to win a little, a lot of the time, look for slots with low volatility – they’ll keep those small wins coming in. If you’re looking for fun, try something different every time you start a new session to keep you constantly engaged and entertained. And if you’re looking to improve your skills, play games like Blackjack and Poker to up your game, and test out different strategies to increase your chances of winning.
Of course it’s entirely possible you haven’t thought about the main driving force behind your casino play, and that’s ok. However the next time you have five minutes free, why not take a moment to think about it? The more you know about why you’re playing, the closer you’ll come to achieving your goal and getting the most out of every gambling session.
2. Ask for help. Sure, online gambling is largely a solo activity. But if you find yourself needing help, there’s nothing wrong with asking for it. Perhaps you don’t know how to play a certain game very well? Just do a search in your casino for a games tutorial, do a Google search, or ask on a forum. Maybe you need help making a deposit or claiming your welcome bonus? That’s what your customer service team is there for, to answer any questions you have, usually via live chat, phone or email, whichever is more convenient. And if you’re in a live casino environment and have a question, you’ll have a handy chat box at your disposal for you to ask away. Nobody expects you to have all of the answers all of the time – and in fact, it’s the strong players who know how to ask for help when they need it. And you definitely fall into that category.
3. Change your mindset. So you’re on a bit of a losing streak, and understandably you’re becoming frustrated. The casino is against you, the universe is against you, and no matter what you do, you just can’t change your luck. Arg!
Before you delete your casino account out of sheer annoyance, take a deep breath and assess the situation with a clear head. Is the casino really against you? While it might seem that way, the RNG controlling every casino outcome is completely fair and random every time – it’s just unfortunate that a few consecutive outcomes might not have gone your way. Is the universe really against you? You might be fixated on the gambler’s fallacy – the idea that a previous outcome has a bearing on a future outcome. Again, thanks to the casino’s RNG, every outcome is completely random every time – and just because the Roulette ball has landed on black five times in a row doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll land on red the sixth time.
Instead, a more likely cause of your irritation is your attitude – and while changing it from negative to positive won’t necessarily improve your luck, it’ll definitely improve your mood. So take a break from your casino play, breathe deeply, count to ten, then come back and refocus. Who knows, a more positive outlook might result in a more positive outcome – and there’s only one way to find out!
4. Do what you love. If you love slots, why bother playing Blackjack? If you’re all about Poker, you don’t need to master Keno too. We do our best at what we love best, so if there’s a particular game or category of games you’re passionate about, focus on those the next time you visit the casino. Sure you might want to take a break and try something new every now and then to avoid becoming bored, but for the most part, do what you love. You’ll have a far more entertaining and rewarding experience as a result.
5. Learn from your mistakes. So you made a bad call in a Poker game and lost your stake. Or you stayed too long at the party when playing slots, and made an unfortunate dent in your bankroll. There’s no point in beating yourself up about it – we’re all human and we all make mistakes. That’s the bad news. The good news is that mistakes, when dealt with constructively, can become learning opportunities. What did you learn in that Poker game? What did you learn in that slots session? Apply those lessons the next time you find yourself in the same situation, and you’ll turn a negative into a positive – and might even reap the rewards in your bankroll at the same time. Because as long as you keep learning, keep trying and keep improving, you’ll always be a winner!
Happy Spinning 🙂